Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My RoadiD


Accidents happen. It may happen when you least expect it and when you are unprepared. Minor accidents can leave you sprained or wounded but major accidents can be much worse.

When unable to provide vital personal information, rescuers may not be able to manage you properly during emergencies. Name, age, address, home phone number or other contact information are needed when accidents strike. Relatives need to be informed and the hospital needs crucial information like allergies and blood type.


During training, I carry a school ID for security. I slip it inside my pouch or pocket when I run or bike. Despite its size, it can be cumbersome. Then a friend showed me his RoadiD. It’s a bracelet with all your vital information engraved in a metal plate. He ordered his RoadiD online at www.roadid.com for $20-$30 (depending on the design). The best thing about it is that they ship worlwide at a very cheap fee.


After choosing which design I want, I ordered. My roadiD arrived a little late than expected since I addressed it to my province address. But it never bothered me since roadiD owners or management have excellent customer service. I emailed them my concern and they were very prompt in their reply. They were more worried than I was regarding my late order. When I got my bracelet I was ecstatic. They were neatly done and they looked really durable.


For security, I now wear my roadiD everytime I run and cycle outdoors. I also tried wearing it during our open water swim training and they were perfect. For a  runner, cyclist, swimmer, mountaineer, triathlete or any multi-sport individual, the roadiD is not only an accessory. It’s a necessity.


Security is what roadiD offers. Peace of mind at a cheap cost.


15 comments:

  1. hey, wanna have one.. how much is the shipping? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. naa man sad local ani doc, mas barato, http://www.mj46center.com/idband/index.html and http://www.istorya.net/forums/sporting-goods/261577-mj46-id-band-for-road-runners.html#post6482173

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shipping is just $2... Sorry bay but I have to say the quality is a big difference... COmpared to the real roadiD the local one looks very ordinary and not so durable... Im very pleased with my RoadiD...besides the order and shipping very good. No trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my RoadID a few months ago. I realized that it's necessary to have some form of identification with me whenever I head out to run, especially now. I've been using it in my runs and so far, I haven't encountered problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Raymund. Nice post and a nice informative blog. I agree about RoadID and have one for my everyday runs.

    If okay, I've added your blog to my blogroll. Feel free to add me if you like. Thanks and hope to see you guys in Cebu in November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just bought 3 sets for me, my wife and my son. my running buddy bought for him and his wife. another friend bought one for him but intended for his deep fishing hobby.

    tnx doc for this one. we preferred the US made for we think it's much better than the local ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hurray, our roadid order just arrived. tnx for the info. now i feel more confident on the road. it's nicely done and looks durable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Here is a much better alternative, highly durable and it's available locally.


    For Orders you may visit the link below.

    http://www.takbo.ph/takbo-ph-shop/run-safe-order-your-p-i-band-now


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, just read this post now but the info is helpful. just wanted to ask which shipping option did you choose for your order? i chose the cheapest which is $2.49 for USPS First Class Mail and i am a bit worried. how long did it take before your road id arrived?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi... used cheapest mailing also.... don't worry. it will arrive.. Patience is a virtue... hahahaha... you can also call post office and ask if you have parcel... IT only takes less than a week for items to arrive in Post office from the US but 4 weeks to distribute the notice... VERY EFFICIENT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay...thanks for the info. i have the items shipped to my provincial address, so i guess it'll take more time. probably a month, you think? can't wait to receive my road id! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. btw, how much tax did you pay at the postal office? just wanted to have an idea. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a nice tag--saves time for the mortuary officer to identify you

    ReplyDelete

REEL RUNNING FANS

I AM REEL RUNNER

My photo
Call / Text / Email: (0922)826-6865 docreelbontol@gmail.com