Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank You 2010


"It's no use crying over spilled milk".  That's what my friend used to say when something wrong happens. I try my best to learn from my mistakes and move on. I have learned a lot from 2010. I am also grateful that I have achieved a lot.

Early 2010, I finished my specialty training in Internal Medicine at Cebu (Velez) General Hospital. Although I was not able to take my certifying oral exams this year, I will study hard for next year. I never do things without proper preparation. I never gamble. Never. 

During the last few weeks of my residency or specialty training, I was introduced into the world of triathlon by Noy Jopson. He convinced me that if I train hard enough, I can finish the Ironman 70.3 Philippines this year. And so I did. I started re-learning how to swim and bought a Tri-specific bike. I trained and started joining triathlon races and, surprisingly, made good time. Then started training with a team of executives whose one goal is "TO FINISH THE 2010 IRONMAN 70.3 PHILIPPINES". With Team Reborn, I conquered a dream.

Last 2010, I lost and gained. I lost weight but gained endurance. I lost my social life but gained a second family (Team Reborn). I gained a respectable blogsite. I gained sponsorships and endorsements. I gained a few medals from multi-sport races. I gained so many good friends from the Ungo Runners, Cebu Executive Runners Club, CVGH Runners, Sugbu-Tri, Physician Runners Club and Holiday Gym and Spa members. I lost so many but gained so much more. (During the Holidays, I lost my triathlon training program and re-gained my belly)

This 2011, I will do better. Better Doctor and Teacher. Better Athlete. Better Person. Balanced. 

See you on the Road. Or at the SRP Tunnel during the Cebu City Marathon.

1 comment:

REEL RUNNING FANS

I AM REEL RUNNER

My photo
Call / Text / Email: (0922)826-6865 docreelbontol@gmail.com