Sunday, October 23, 2011

I need to control my Diet


I have been exercising less and eating more these past few weeks. Whenever I visit my friend’s house to spend time with his kids or hangout, we commit eating “sin”. Ice cream, salted chips, coffee, chocolates and the world famous, Heart-attack proven “Humba” of Ate Marit. It is therefore not surprising that I gained weight. This has always been my problem.


Moderation is the key. Eat moderately. Drink moderately. Exercise moderately. Party moderately. Work moderately.

Not for me. When I drink with friends on occasion, I get drunk. When I eat, I glut. When I exercise, I do it more than I should. When I have work to finish, I do not sleep until its done. When I sleep, I siesta the entire day. Moderation, for me, is like eating broken glass.

Here is something I read from one of our Medicine references:

Title: Controlling Portions

Points:
1. Eating more than a lot of fruits and vegetables is still eating in excess. Excess foods = Excess Calories.
2. Practice makes perfect. Whatever you want to eat, put it your plate. Eat whatever is half of what you placed is your plate.
3. Eating half of twice the food you want to eat is cheating.
4. Practice comparing portions. Three ounces of meat looks like a deck of cards.
5. Know your food. Carbs, fats or protein. Pasta is a carb and so is Bread. Don’t eat them together.
6. Restaurants should include “Calories per serving” in their Menu.
7. Soda and Orange juice are not the same. Juice will contain vitamins while soda is simply water + sugar. Coke Zero? Go figure.
8. Healthy foods should be cheap while junk foods should be expensive. Double the Ice Cream Tax. (#*^$*%$&^$ !!!)
9. Divide your plate. Half of the plate should be fruits and vegetables. Eat half of the Veggie and fruits and half of the other things you placed in your plate.
10. Read Food Labels. Know the calories per serving and Servings per container of each food you buy.

Good Luck!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

REEL RUNNING FANS

I AM REEL RUNNER

My photo
Call / Text / Email: (0922)826-6865 docreelbontol@gmail.com